Closing Date: 18th July 2022
Who are we?
QIC Digital Venture Partners, is the digital ventures arm of Qatar Insurance Group, our focus in creating new digital insurance proposition as part of our efforts in developing the insurtech ecosystem in the MENA region. We believe that we could develop insurtech start-ups in this region that will shape its future.
The venture builder team is looking for passionate candidates that are results oriented and data driven, who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for an energetic team player with a can-do attitude to support our programmes. Ideally, you will have a varied skillset and will have demonstrated an interest in tech and entrepreneurship. Here at QIC Digital Venture Partners, promote equality, diversity, dignity and respect.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You will consult and partner with senior executives at large and mid-sized companies to explore business partnership opportunities for cross-selling and upselling digital insurance products through B2B2C or B2B. You must be comfortable self-sourcing new sales opportunities, developing new interest and meetings in your assigned market (pipeline generation), engaging with senior executives, qualifying prospects, and working closely with the business team in closing sales.
How would your day look like?
- Supporting the founders in the diverse set of go-to-market actions and those that are necessary to get tangible results
- Contributing to the design and development of new digital platform initiatives that help us achieve our mission of developing global, resilient tech ecosystems
- Demonstrate leadership across all stages of the QIC Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
- Leverage Leading Indicators and Data in your business to ensure you are tracking above your quota goals
- Collaborate and use an ecosystem of resources including pre-sales, post sales, channel partners, customer success, and leadership to promote Digital Businesses from QIC DVP and drive incremental new business
- Develop pitch business proposals with customers to validate our value proposition and tie the business opportunities back to customer value
- Stay current with industry trends, show dedication to continuous learning on all fronts
- Provide feedback to peers and internal teams to aid in the development and improvement of sales materials
- Maintain full use and adoption of the sales tech stack, including Salesforce.com, Outreach.io, GSuite, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Navigator, etc.
What you will need?
- Experience in working with high-growth companies, preferably in tech environments
- 10 years of experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent experience) preferred
- ~2 years+ experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
- Excellent business development and negotiation skills that are based on the ability to find shared value
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritize your own workload and successfully complete assigned tasks on time in a guided but autonomous way
- Committed and able to work in a distributed and diverse team
- An exceptional communicator, you know how to express yourself clearly, can prepare attractive decks and curate relevant business opportunities
- Knowledge of or experience with using value-selling/consultative methodologies, playbooks, and processes
- Strong experience and success in outbound sales and prospecting roles
- Interest and excitement for the insurtech and digital customer experience space
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations to individuals and large groups
Who you are?
- Coachable, curious, life-long learner who constantly seeks development
- Intelligent persistence, diligently pursuing every lead
- Customer-centric, putting the customer’s success before all else
- Detailed-oriented, organized, with strong time-management, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline, and data-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Sense of urgency with the ability to thrive in a metrics-driven culture
- Self-starter with solid problem-solving skills
- Extremely Resilient and Experimentative
- Resourceful, entreprenuerial and hands-on, knows how to execute a strategy
- Confident; Thrive under pressure
- Flexible: easily adapt to different styles, working models
- Knows when to buy vs. build
- Great stakeholder management
- Fun to work with