Closing Date: 18th July 2022
Who are we?
QIC Digital Venture Partners, is the digital ventures arm of Qatar Insurance Group, our focus in creating new digital insurance proposition as part of our efforts in developing the insurtech ecosystem in the MENA region. We believe that we could develop insurtech start-ups in this region that will shape its future.
The venture builder team is looking for passionate candidates that are results oriented and data driven, who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for an energetic team player with a can-do attitude to support our programmes. Ideally, you will have a varied skillset and will have demonstrated an interest in tech and entrepreneurship.
Here at QIC Digital Venture Partners, promote equality, diversity, dignity and respect.
What will you do?
At QIC DVP, we believe that the customer experience is the product – as such, customer experience and a Digital-by-default strategy is at the heart of everything we do. As part of our growing Digital Business, you’ll be welcomed into a highly competent, lively and supportive environment where your voice matters. With a focus on collaborative working – we are looking for ambitious and experienced Digital talent to ensure we’re creating the best new service-based products and experiences for our partners.
The digital insurance product manager will develop new value proposition for our digital insurance (P&C) scrum team consisting multidisciplinary skills, such as product managers, underwriters and actuarial teams to deliver digital solutions that combine insurance product, technology and front-end user experience for QIC DVP.
You will be working closely with our growth hacking and UX designer teams to use data from all channels to keep us on our toes, listening to customer needs so we can focus on creating new products with a personalised service that keeps our customers coming back for more.
How would your day look like?
- End-to-end ownership of the product: proposition, pricing, journey, development, integration, GTM and acquisition
- Closely track developments in insurance, health, and wellness space.
- Ideate new products, services and offerings that provides excellent customer proposition and experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of the implicit and explicit customer behaviour via primary and secondary research
- Work with the UX team to create the entire customer journey on various channels.
- Lead the development for the product along with the technology team in an agile development framework. Would be responsible for tracking the progress and final delivery.
- Liaison with key internal stakeholders in order to ensure that the initiative fits in well with the overall platform.
- Liaison with external stakeholders in order to ensure that we have the right product constructs and journey for the platform
- Work closely with internal technology teams in order to launch and enhance the insurance module of the platform
- Work closely with other product team in order to identify and implement possible measure to increase insurance sales on the platform
- Work closely with leading insurers to co-create new insurance products for the platform
- Partner with cross-functional team members to gain insight into our customer and market segments with respect to offers, acquisition, and retention goals.
- Partner with CX team and design world class product journeys that actually solve for internal/external users’ needs.
- Manage the product life cycles based on data.
- Develop and maintain a highly effective internal/external Voice-Of-Customer (VOC) process.
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of the product strategies and engage the appropriate steering measures.
- Regularly review and present product updates to the extended teams and relevant stakeholders.
- Recommend and drive new product innovations and enhancements
- Own the product lifecycle, from discovery and definition to execution, launch & iteration
- Define detailed use cases, product requirements, and technical specs needed to support roadmap initiatives.
- Participate and lead an agile development process, working closely with internal teams and multiple offshore engineering teams.
- Understand how platform capabilities support and drive overall user interface experiences and build out platform roadmaps envisioning front-end needs 6-12 months out.
- Identify broader issues and potential solutions, leveraging technical, company, and industry knowledge.
- Identify and onboard the right 3rd party solutions, maintain vendor relationships, influence vendor roadmaps.
What you will need?
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of actuarial or data science related product development experience is an asset.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in personal lines P&C product departments in the GCC or MENA region
- Proven understanding of regulatory requirements around T&C development and a strong view on underlying trends governing main or niche P&C product categories
- Hands-on, flexible and independent working style embracing cross-functional teams and partnering with distribution partners from different industries and backgrounds
- Technology minded with a clear view on how technology can be used for customer friendly underwriting and more attractive insurance products
- Clear and effective communication with internal and external business leaders within and outside the insurance industry
- The candidate has worked with CX experts, engineers, and designers to build great products
- The candidate knows how to work in international environment leading agile teams in a context of strong growth and competition
- The candidate is able to define a product vision and to inspire a team to make it a reality
- The candidate speaks English fluently
Who you are?
- Extremely Resilient and Experimentative
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You have a nose for great products, and advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You communicate with empathy and exceptional precision
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture, quality, deployment and technical product decisions
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
- Confident; Thrive under pressure
- Flexible: easily adapt to different styles, working models
- Great stakeholder management
- Fun to work with
- Continuous learner & very curious