Closing Date: 18th July 2022
Who are we?
QIC Digital Venture Partners, is the digital ventures arm of Qatar Insurance Group, our focus in creating new digital insurance proposition as part of our efforts in developing the insurtech ecosystem in the MENA region. We believe that we could develop insurtech start-ups in this region that will shape its future.
The venture builder team is looking for passionate candidates that are results oriented and data driven, who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for an energetic team player with a can-do attitude to support our programmes. Ideally, you will have a varied skillset and will have demonstrated an interest in tech and entrepreneurship. Here at QIC Digital Venture Partners, promote equality, diversity, dignity and respect.
What will you do?
We are looking for the rare breed of a Solution Design Architect with Coding skills to work in our Venture Team to build new propositions. You base your solution designs on a re-usable architecture stack that enables different ventures to run on the same platform. You support our Growth Hacking team in connecting the different data streams. You have fun using Open and or own API architecture. You like fast but safe code.
You’ll be building applications, APIs, containerized deployment and framework components which underpin the platform and tools that our users, and developer colleagues, need. This entails interesting complexity across the back-end, data workflow and front-end, contributing code that’s well-implemented, robust and that scales.
We offer as much autonomy as you’re ready for. It’s a flat structure team and Agile approach in a fast-moving company with a supportive culture. We’ll help you get to grips with the domain and its related engineering considerations, through being exposed to end users for feedback and through our own expertise. We offer considerable freedom in solution design and approach.
How would your day look like?
- Develop rich, interactive, data intensive dashboards and applications, delivering the user experiences that our users will love
- Deliver entire new modules to our clients, based on our ideas and designs, using new and existing framework components
- You’ll be involved in a wide variety of tasks, from developing scheduled jobs which process large quantities of IoT data through to business level APIs and rich, interactive user interfaces.
- Maintain, enhance and bug-fix our suite of in-house components, libraries and services
- Work with peers to develop the best solutions and user experiences for our customers
- Longer term, you could take ownership of entire parts of the system, having other developers work with you when implementing new features
What you will need?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software development or related field; Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- An IT-focused professional with overall 7+ years of experience.
- Proven experience in cloud-based / hybrid computing environments.
- Technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations and technology management required.
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, HPC, and Infra as a code technologies) Required
- Experience with Identity/Security: Identity, Security Architecture, Security Management and Network Security Required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) Required
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio). Preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred. Preferred
- Ability to write concise, robust and readable code
- Good coding practices including testing and peer code reviews
- A collaborative approach, comfortable working with users and stakeholders with diverse perspectives and needs
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Solutions Architect, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Networking, Security, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, GCP suite, AWS CLI, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python
Who you are?
- Knows when to buy vs. build
- Extremely resilient and experimentative
- Detailed oriented and capable of multitasking and the same time prioritise workflow and manage multiple projects
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and hands-on, knows how to execute a strategy
- Confident; thrive under pressure
- Flexible: easily adapt to different styles, working models
- Results-oriented: purpose before process
- Great stakeholder management
- Fun to work with
- Continuous learner & very curious