Closing Date: 18th July 2022
Who are we?
QIC Digital Venture Partners, is the digital ventures arm of Qatar Insurance Group, our focus in creating new digital insurance proposition as part of our efforts in developing the insurtech ecosystem in the MENA region. We believe that we could develop insurtech start-ups in this region that will shape its future.
The venture builder team is looking for passionate candidates that are results oriented and data driven, who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for an energetic team player with a can-do attitude to support our programmes. Ideally, you will have a varied skillset and will have demonstrated an interest in tech and entrepreneurship. Here at QIC Digital Venture Partners, promote equality, diversity, dignity and respect.
What will you do?
This role will be responsible for a set of activities including: conducting initial user experience research, driving a solution vision based on business and user behaviour insights, designing desirable and intuitive multi-channel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs, and iteratively validating solutions with users through A/B testing and feature testing methodologies. Combining art with data, driven by user behaviour analytics and insights obtained through tracking and monitoring tools.
How would your day look like?
- Advocates for user-centered design solutions
- Conducts user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
- Synthesizes and summarizes inputs from A/B testing outcomes, feature testing and/or consumer interviews, to provide periodic highlights on key findings after every sprints.
- Creates distinctive, branded digital experiences that are desirable and consistent across multiple platforms, devices and channels
- Develops new product concepts, storyboards, detailed interaction designs and screen flows, and wireframes to clearly articulate solutions
- Creates compelling, elegant and delightful visual designs that align to company and product brand standards
- Actively collaborates within the growth hacking, product teams as well as business / brand stakeholders throughout the design and development processes
- Clearly articulates proposed design and key decisions with the rest of the Agile team
- Explores solution space and refine concepts via wireframes and detailed high definition design
- Defines the visual style and position relative to design guidelines
- Collaborate with other designers across the Design function to maintain, where necessary and relevant, a level of design consistency and coherence across products and services
- Conducts concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions
- Conduct periodic user experience and insights through heat mapping tools, user experience metrics and reports on the success of UX improvements, including analytics
What you will need?
- Experience in working with high-growth companies, preferably in tech environments
- 3+ years of experience with creating social media graphics, including static and animated gifs, infographics, and brand templates and print and video, individually and as part of larger marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate the value of a design choice to users and non-designer stakeholders
- Combined skills in 2 of 3 of the following: User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design
- Experience planning and conducting user research at various stages of the design process
- Skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills, able to create compelling, branded, high-fidelity product screens
- English language fluency; Arabic and other language skills extremely valuable
- Experience with creating high-quality visual design deliverables, including those related to social media platforms, mobile user-interfaces, and responsive Web sites.
- Experience with designing for high-visibility campaigns, Web sites, and applications.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Affinity Designer suite, Canva, etc
- Experience with applying user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Experience in working with popular social media channels, including Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with working within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of current design trends in social media, Web, and mobile technologies.
- Ability to be organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to last minute briefs on tight deadlines, and to juggle / manage a range of projects and your own time effectively.
Who you are?
- Extremely resilient and experimentative
- Detailed oriented and capable of multitasking and the same time prioritise workflow and manage multiple projects
- Resourceful, entreprenuerial and hands-on, knows how to execute a strategy
- Confident; thrive under pressure
- Flexible: easily adapt to different styles, working models
- Results-oriented: purpose before process.
- Knows when to buy vs. build
- Great stakeholder management
- Fun to work with
- Continuous learner & very curious